What’s the meaning of Colon Cancer ? How can we prevent from colon cancer ?
What is a Colon Cancer?
Colon cancer, also called colorectal cancer, includes cancerous growths in the colon, rectum and appendix. With 655,000 deaths worldwide per year, it is the third most common form of cancer and the second leading cause of cancer-related death in the Western world. Many colorectal cancers are thought to arise from adenomatus polyps in the colon. These mushroom-like growths are usually benign, but some may develop into cancer over time. The majority of the time, the diagnosis of localized colon cancer is through colonoscopy. Therapy is usually through surgery, which in many cases is followed by chemotherapy.
Two ways to reduce the risk of colon cancer
1. Meal Times – eating earlier will reduce the burden you put on your colon to process foods and will reduce your chances of undigested foods fermenting in your colonic area. The later you eat the better chance you food will not digest properly, this means the opportunity for more toxins to settle in your colon exists. Over time you can see how this habit can damage your insides.
2. Meal Frequencies – eat less at each meal, but eat more meals. This way you take the load off of you digestive system which lightens the load on your colon. Especially during times that you are rushed to eat and stress can disrupt your digestive process.
How to Eat to Prevent Colon Cancer?
1. Shop the periphery of your grocery store. This is where the healthiest foods are located, especially the produce.
2. Eat vegetables from the produce aisle as a regular part of your daily diet. These vegetables include green leafy vegetables, roots and bulbs, legumes such as beans and peas, and stems and flowers such as broccoli, artichokes and celery.
3. Consume blueberries every day. Some research suggests that blueberries may reduce your risk of colon cancer. Blueberries are thought to be so powerful because they contain the super antioxidant, pterostilbene.
4. Include other fruits in your diet such as a wide range of berries, tropical fruits, citrus fruits, melons and seeded fruits such as cherries and grapes.
5. Increase your overall grain consumption, especially whole grains. At a minimum, you should eat whole wheat bread instead of white bread, and brown rice instead of white.
6. Restrict your consumption of animal fats and cholesterol, as they have been linked to an increased risk of colon cancer.
The article above will quickly tell you on how to eat to prevent colon cancer. Just follow this simple guide and live a cancer free life.